Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Good Eats

One of our favorite things about living in NYC is all of the amazing restaurants it has to offer.
There are are SO many options.
I really think you could eat at a different place every night of the year, every year for as long as you live.
Really.
Since we aren't into the 'night scene' the perfect weekend night for us involves seeking out a cool and yummy restaurant with good reviews and then then journeying there to try it for ourselves.
Sometimes it's hard to find good reviews online because you have no idea how credible they are, so we've found the best way to hear about good eats is by word of mouth.
I don't know if this counts as word of mouth, but I have been waiting for Joanna Goddard from the blog 'A Cup of Jo' to come out with her 10 best restaurants in NYC post.
It did not disappoint!
I've never been to any of them so I am excited to have a new list of places conquer...
Here is her top ten (commentary added):
1. 'ino, West Village
2. Husdon Clearwater, West Village (this one is apparently a 'secret restaurant....cool! Not gonna lie the pics look sketch but I'm always up for an adventure.)
3. Tartine, West Village
4. Cafe Cluny, West Village
5. Mary's Fish Camp, West Village (I hate seafood...like all seafood...so I probably won't be going here but I'm sure it's great if you're into that.)
6. Co., Chelsea (She says it's the best pizza in the city. It would have to be pretty amazing to beat out my personal fav, Grimalid's, but I'm willing to give it a shot :))
7. Mermaid Inn, East Village
8. Hampton Chutney Co., Soho (Apparently good for brunch. I like brunch.)
9. Schiller's, Lower East
10. Frankies Spuntino, Brooklyn (She says it close enough to bike to this place from Manhattan)
See Joanna's Full post and other Top 10 NYC posts HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment