Tuesday, July 6, 2010

still here.....

SO I am still in Utah! I was supposed to go home on Monday morning, but I just couldn't do it. My mom has really needed my help so I thought the best thing for me to do would be to stay here for a few more days. I changed my ticket to go back to NY on Friday. The people at my internship have been soooo wonderful and understanding, telling me to take as much time off as I need.
Along with helping out at home, being here has been great because I was able to go to my friend Brooke's wedding. She married Jake, her high school sweetheart, who I am also good friends with (and actually "dated" my freshman year haha!). They had the most beautiful wedding and Brooke was even nice enough to invite me to be a last minute addition to her wedding party.

High school pals.

The happy couple stuffing cake in each others' faces.

One thing I realize I have missed from home since being here is the ability to get in a car and drive wherever you want. In NY, you have to plan out this whole subway routine and it's hot and stinky and just not that fun after a while. What a joy it is to have access to a car! Just a side note.

My mom is continuing to get better with each day that passes. Though it will be a long road, she is expected to make a full recovery. We have been extremely overwhelmed with the outpouring of love from our friends, family, and neighbors. We have people bringing us dinner every night this week and next! People are just so thoughtful, and it has really made a difference.
Thank you and goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. "Thank you and goodnight" hahaha

    Oh you're still stuck in high school?! I work for FOX news

    I love you :)

    ReplyDelete