Monday, May 31, 2010

Almost Reality

NYC has quickly turned into our home away from home. I feel like it has been so long since I've seen my family, friends, or even familiar face. Though slightly intimidating, New York is an amazing place to be and I have loved our time here so far. This has been the longest period of time since getting married that we have had just to ourselves without school, work, swimming, etc. I have been so spoiled to have Ty all to myself...but now I am starting to realize that come next week...it's all over and I will rarely get to see him! I started my internship last week, but he is going to be working ridiculously long hours when he starts on June 7th. All of this play time will soon be over and the real work will begin. I was secretly hoping that all of this one-on-one time with Ty would make me get sick of him so that I wont mind when he starts work, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen ; ) Here is a list of random things we have learned since coming to the city:

1. Longest line=best food.
2. Birds and squirrels in NYC are just like the people who live here, they have no awareness of personal space. (see figure 1)
3. Most of the people who are overly nice to you are trying to sell you something.
4. Roller blading is cool again! Who knew? ( see figure 2)
5. We would not survive without GPS and the iPhone
6. It's not normal to go to the grocery store anymore, you have to order your groceries online and have them delivered. duh. (Fresh Direct)
7. If we hear of someone who lives in a one bedroom apartment opposed to a studio, we are envious and think they are oh so established.
8. 2 grand/month for rent is reasonable.
9. Being married in your twenties is stranger to most than the guy digging for a treat in the garbage can at the subway station. (wish I had a pic for this, it is common.)
10. Ty needs a haircut. (figure 3)

Figure 1

Figure 2

Figure 3

˙Just us˙

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like you guys are seeing a ton of things. I wished you could have been there yesterday as well, Alli was looking for you guys. She now knows that Sara is in New York . I am glad that you are enjoying your job. Wish Ty good luck on his new experiences with his job, I know that he will do awesome! It would be impossibly for people not to like both of you guys out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you dont mind that I found your blog--super curious about your internship! ;) wish you guys the best of luck-thanks again for speaking to our youth. --Ashley B, friend/yw leader with Toni

    ReplyDelete